Substance Use Disorder Counselor Certification Program (SUD)
TCC SUD Program Overview Video
The Substance Use Disorder Counseling Certificate Program at TTCC offers students the educational component and preparation needed for employment in the addiction counseling field.
- 6- month accelerated SUD certification program
- 8 Core (Online) Courses
- 255 Supervised Internship Hours
Students enrolled in the SUD certification program are required to complete supervised practicum and supervised field work.
– Designed to provide students with closely supervised work experience in a community clinical setting to measure competency, treatment planning, group facilitation, record-keeping, and general age procedures
– Students work with an instructor to complete a capstone project which synthesizes the learning from previous courses and the field work
– Designed to provide students with clinical hours needed to work toward state certification. It provides internship hours with licensed professionals in a treatment setting, which may be at Tarzana Treatment Centers or another community-based treatment center
– Helps students prepare for state certification and employment by reviewing Technical Assistance Publication (TAP) 21 addiction counseling competency guidelines
Students must complete 45 hours in the supervised practicum course (SUD 107) and 255 hours in supervised field work practicum (SUD 108).
*For any internship inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
For more information
- Call: (818) 654-3955
- Email: TTCC@tarzanatc.org