Specialized Peer Services for Justice Involved Training Program
Tarzana Treatment Centers College is offering the Specialized Peer Services- Justice Involved training for those who are currently certified as Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists. Individuals who sign up for this program and complete the requirements will be equipped with the skills to support consumers during re-entry such as navigating the justice system, resource linkage, and building on natural supports for clients.
Throughout the program, students will be exposed to the core competencies identified by the DHCS (Department of Health Care Services) including Professional Responsibilities, Systems Knowledge and Navigation, Resources and Natural Supports, Wellness and Resiliency, and Effecting Change.
- Those who are interested in certification must meet the following requirements:
- Be certified as a Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Self-identify as someone with lived experience as a consumer of SUD/MH services or a loved one of a consumer.
- Be willing to share one’s lived experience with others.
- Have a strong dedication to recovery.
- Agree to and sign the California Department of Health Care Services Code of Ethics for Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists in Southern California.
- Successfully complete a 40-hour training as approved by CalMHSA
Scheduling and Course Options
TTCC recognizes that individuals have different schedules, responsibilities, and learning styles. With this in mind, we are offering this training program in person at our TTCC headquarters in Woodland Hills or online. Those who chose the online option will be able to log onto Moodle to complete course work on a daily basis.
There is no exam to obtain this specialization.