Specialized Services For the Unhoused Training Program
Tarzana Treatment Centers College is offering the Peer Services- In Crisis Care Specialization for those who are currently certified as Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists. This specialization provides services to and builds on the support network of those in treatment or experiencing crisis. Individuals who sign up for this program and complete the requirements will be equipped with the skills to support consumers during pre-crisis, active crisis and post crisis. This program is 40 hours and is available online or in person.
- Those who are interested in certification must meet the following requirements:
- Be certified as a Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Self-identify as someone with lived experience as a consumer of SUD/MH services or a loved one of a consumer.
- Be willing to share one’s lived experience with others.
- Have a strong dedication to recovery.
- Agree to and sign the California Department of Health Care Services Code of Ethics for Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists in Southern California.
- Successfully complete a 40-hour training as approved by CalMHSA
Scheduling and Course Options
TTCC recognizes that individuals have different schedules, responsibilities, and learning styles. With this in mind, we are offering this training program in person at our TTCC headquarters in Woodland Hills or online. Those who chose the online option will be able to log onto Moodle to complete course work on a daily basis.
There is no exam to obtain this specialization.